Barnet Sling Library is a not for profit organisation set up in 2014 to support parents in Barnet, North West London to learn how to use slings safely, comfortably and with confidence. Selina began the sling library after her own experience of slings making such a difference to her own parenting journey and recovery from Postnatal Depression.
We also work with the local community and health care professionals to raise awareness of the many benefits of using slings and the importance of doing this safely.
The sling library was set up by Selina, who is a trained, experienced and insured Sling Consultant supported by a team of trained and experienced volunteer peer supporters who are all hugely passionate about slings!
Our aim is to:
- Help parents choose the right sling for them and their child and learn how to use it safely and comfortably
- Provide parents and professionals up to date information about slings and sling safety
- Promote the importance of using slings safely
- Educate families and the wider community about slings and the emotional and physiological reasons for carrying children in slings
- Raising awareness of the benefits of slings for families experiencing perinatal mental health
We keep up to date with changes in the sling world and keep our knowledge and skills refreshed continuously